To mark UN75, RESOLVE: Network partners, have decided to launch the RESOLVE: Network Youth Conference on the 10th December 2020 with the theme ‘Reconciling the Past, Building the Future’.
Originally planned as an event as part of a wider live dialogue programme taking place in 2020/2021, with the pandemic restrictions and the desire to connect and engage with as many young people, partners and policymakers, the RESOLVE: Network partnership has been decided to hold the first youth conference as a standalone digital event in 2020.
And with 2020, being the UN’s 75th year, we aim to celebrate and build dialogue between young people and United Nation representatives, young activists and a wide range of other NGOs & Youth organisations as well as decision-makers & stakeholders.
As a RESOLVE programme, the RESOLVE: Network Youth Conference will have the following objectives:
- Establishing a Global Conversation on the State of the World, discuss concerns for the Future, and identify steps to Improve/Influence the Trajectory of Global Developments, including the SDGs, and promoting the Role of Youth in achieving this.
- Connecting concerned youth activists from all over the world, peer young people and youth organisations, as well as wider key stakeholders.
- Mobilizing young people, youth organizations & other delegates to brainstorm ideas to impact positively the trajectory of the world.
- Promoting & facilitating a feeling of youth-led social action and cooperation.
- Launch the RESOLVE: Network Youth Conference as a regular event to promote youth participation and decision-making, even in the time of COVID.
The Youth Conference will consist of three panels over the course of the day. Each panel will be interactive, and the themes will be:
- Youth: Education, Skills, and Employability
- Gender Equity: UN Resolution 1325 & Women in Peacebuilding
- Memory, Reconciliation, and Storytelling
The Conference is planned for the 10th December 2020 and will run from 10 am until 4 pm GMT, in order to accommodate participants from the broadest range of time zones.
5am to 11am: Bogota, New York
10am to 4pm: London, Accra
11am to 5pm: Sarajevo
12pm to 6pm: Tel Aviv
1pm to 7pm: Istanbul, Nairobi
2pm to 8pm: Baku, Tbilisi
7pm to 1am (11th Dec.): Seoul
To participate please register here: https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/resolve-network-youth-conference-2020.9047/ by the 7th December 2020