AsfarEurope’s Digital Talks social action project is always keen to connect with new Speakers.
We welcome Speakers with expertise in different subjects including those who wish to deliver online training: Digital Talks do not have to be lecture style activities.
Digital Coffee & Talks invite potential Speakers to contact us at email@example.com with subject ideas and we will arrange a skype call to discuss the subject with you directly.
All of our Speakers are volunteers, who wish to share information on key subjects to our network of young people throughout the world.
Although no payment will be offered for a Digital Talk, it should be noted that many of our Speakers go on to be involved in some of our wider programmes that do offer speaker/facilitator remuneration.
Past Digital Talks:
- Introduction to Transitional Justice by Louis Monroy-Santander, Faculty of Political Science and International Relations, Pontificia Universidad Javerianaa, Colombia
- Conflict Resolution and the Spiritual Realm in post-conflict Mozambique by Samara Dantas P. Guimarães, PhD in International Development, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Self-Planner: Goal Catcher training by Teona Dalakishvili from the Creative Development Center, Georgia
- Inter-ethnic Dialogue: the NDC’s 20-year engagement in Bosnia and Herzegovina by Ljuljjeta Goranci Brkić from the Nansen Dialogue Centre, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Understanding conflict in the midst of urban riots in the USA by Fabio Andrés Díaz, Researcher at the African Centre of Excellence for Inequalities Research (ACEIR), Research Associate at the Department of Political and International Studies at Rhodes University in South Africa and Researcher at the International Institute of Social Studies in the Netherlands
- Eradicating Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in Kenya by Michael Deriaz, Board member from Friends of Kipkelion, United Kingdom
- Peacebuilding in the context of COVID-19 by Amra Pandzo, from the Foundation Small Steps (Mali Koraci) and Kiruna Center for Peacebuilding, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- RESOLVE: Concept by Sheniz Tan, CEO at Asfar, United Kingdom
- An interactive discussion on Sport for Development by Jason McKoy from Mercurial Sports, United Kingdom
- An introduction to the Youth Express Network by Véronique Bertholle and Margaux Dos Santos from Youth Expres Network, France
- Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) by Rianna Raymond-Williams from Shine ALOUD, United Kingdom
- Tackling Energy Poverty in Practice by Tomislav Tkalec, Researcher at Focus Association for Sustainable Development, Slovenia
- Youth Cooperation in the Western Balkans by Berina Bukva, Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO), Bosnia and Herzegovina
- An introduction to long-term volunteering and the ESC by Emina Hasanagić, Asfar, United Kingdom and current ESC Volunteers Luke Scott & Jade Sullivan (RESOLVE: Volunteer for Peace)
- Conflict Styles & Strategies by Majbritt Lyck-Bowen from University of Winchester, UK
- ‘Desectarianisation: a New Path for Peace Building?‘ by Dr Simon Mabon from Lancaster University, United Kingdom