Sheniz Tan is AsfarEurope’s Director.
Sheniz is responsible for all of AsfarEurope’s activities, strategy and overall organisational development.
Sheniz holds an MA in Reconciliation and Peacebuilding from the University of Winchester, has a BA (Hons) in Politics and History of the Middle East with Turkish from the University of Durham and holds a Level 7 Strategic Management qualification and is Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute.
Sheniz has worked in the Youth, NGO & Charities, Welfare to Work, Social Entrepreneurship & International Development sectors since 2007, for a variety of different organisations over the past 13 years, including: the British Youth Council and LionHeart In The Community.
From 2015 to 2018, Sheniz, acted as a Project Development Consultant at Rinova, responsible for monitoring its EU portfolio (23+ large scale EU programmes) and project managed and supported a cross ranges of programmes including: Erasmus+; EU Justice; Interreg; Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programmes.
Since 2018, Sheniz has focused strictly on AsfarEurope and its partnership network, developing a series of new dynamic learning, employment, skills and social entrepreneurship programmes, including RESOLVE, a reconciliation for development learning programme and the RESOLVE: Network.
Publications, Lectures & Research
A profile of child marriage in the Caucasus, Asfar e-Journal, December 2017.
Erasmus+ European Partnership for Apprenticeships project.
- Research and Analysis of the State of Play – Country Report, 2017.
- Apprenticeship sector – Capacity Building Study Pack, 2018.
Erasmus+ Euro-IVET: Enhancing the quality of initial vocational and education training for young people in urban and multicultural settings.
Erasmus+ Interculturality Mobility
- National Report, page 41,
- Co-designed “Shortening distance to Education/Labour Market for migrant and refugee women through gender-senstivie counselling and local collaboration strategies” – Methodological Handbook.
Erasmus+ REVaLUE: Refugees Empowerment through VET in an inclusive Europe.
- Who migrates to Europe: Educational and professional profiles of refugees in EU countries, national report, 2018.
Talking Peace, Exploring Conflict, University of Winchester.